Monday 17 September 2012

Single Release/Honeymobile!

It has HAPPENED! Our single from our upcoming album has been RELEASED! You can download it for FREE (I'm so into emphasing words with caps lock) here: www.honeybone.bandcamp.com. Thanks to everyone who's downloaded it so far, and some cool cats like our mate Ryan even gave a wee donation. Fancy that.

Check out the artwork by our good mate Paul Emery:


Paul is amazeballs (I can officially use that word cause it's in the dictionary) and his beautiful GF (and our other very good mate) Ashleigh Dunn was the official 'lighting director' for the 'photoshoot'. She rocked at the lights and stuff. I told Ash she could have a whole paragraph in this blog so there you go. Thanks Ash! (And Paul).

It's terribly exciting that we finally have some new music out. We recorded the main tracks for 'Don't Need You' in Albany Street Studios, Dunedin NZ last year (sometime around July) and we recently reworked some of the vocals and guitar parts in our bedroom here in Melbourne. The b-side 'Down Into My Grave' (acoustic version) was recorded by Drew and I on a cold rainy Saturday night in our lounge. We used my new AKG kick mic to mic our feet stamping the floor and the 12 string acoustic Drew bought not long after we moved here. It's so much fun to play, it works both in an acoustic and non-acoustic setting. We played it at our most recent gig in Footscray, and people seemed to enjoy it. That's always nice. Look out for it at our next gigs!

In other news...

Drew and I are now the proud owners of a Toyota Hiace 2000!! Drew picked it up on Friday night and apparantly ended up driving through the city at 7.30pm as he missed the turn off to Punt Road. I can only imagine the hilarity that would have ensued, but alas I was in Wellington, NZ getting some much needed company from my wicked cool twin sister Kelsie. Now we can finally bring our own gear to gigs and I get to play my drums! I haven't played them since February which is a little bit ridiculous and if they had feelings like real people, I'm sure they would be a bit hurt at the neglect.

Here are some photos of the Honeymobile:

Drew is Proud
It's got fish on it...
Back of the Van 

It's absolutely unbelievably amazing these two large events happened on the same day. I have never owned a car before so it's a bit surreal. Needless to say there's going to be some awesome times ahead!

On another note, thanks to everyone who's read my post 'A Strongly Worded Blog'. I've had some great feedback and there are so many bands out there who have been stung by these types of gigs before. It's so awesome to see everyone sticking together and supporting each other in this! Cheers!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment